Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Falltime in N.H.

He makes springs pour water into the
ravines; it flows between the mountains.
Psalm 104:10
Carlton and I spent a few days in New Hampshire enjoying God's creation during the beautiful fall foilage. I could have parked by house right along the bank of this cascading waterfalls, (and some people did...lucky!)
Jackson Falls-Jackson, N.H.Glen Ellis Falls-White Mountain National Forest

Outside the B & B during our stay in North Conway, N.H.




Silver Cascades-White Mountain National Forest




I loved all the old bridges, wasn't many we passed without getting a snapshot. We were definitely camera happy! 227 pictures we developed at Costco before we even left : )









The red ones are my favorite. We got a few good shots during a 1 hour train ride we took through the small town of North Conway.

We took the Cannon Mountain aerial tram ride up about 4000 feet to enjoy the view from a slightly higher level! They use the tram during the winter as a ski lift.



I spotted two moose as we were driving down a scenic road. I was tipped off by the "Moose Crossing" sign posted every couple miles : ) We also had a bear run across the road right in front of us but i wasn't quick enough with the camera!
I was worried about not getting any exercise...but we had to hike up (or down) 2 miles to see some of the falls and gorges. They were all worth the trip!
It was a great vacation! We saw amazing colors and beautiful falls. I was ready to come home though, we missed the boys and they missed us. They did however appreciate the N.H. gifts & Legos we found them at the mall in Boston.

1 comment:

  1. great pics, it makes me excited to come home from Florida and have some nice fall weather to enjoy for a bit. I love fall!
    by the way, you look great in the pictures. barely showing!! : )

    ReplyDelete