Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Kitchen

Finally, pictures of our newly remodeled kitchen!! I love it! I love all the extra counter space and cabinet space. I still have a shelf or two thats empty! Wow what a change I used to store pantry items in Brady's bedroom that is on the first floor then i moved it to the office when we remodeled his room. Now i can actually keep all kitchen items in the kitchen!
We decided to sand and restain the kitchen table also. That was maybe the one "laboring" item that I actually did. Carlton might have been the drywaller, painter, electrician, plumber and framer but I worked real hard sanding that table down! I also reupholstered our chairs. We decided to utilize this wall with our refridgerator and a pantry. Previously there was no cabinetry or appliances on this side of the kitchen. You might notice the door style is different from the other cabinets. We went with a beaded door style for the pantry, it was my favorite.

We also added a pennisula to give us extra counter space.
This project took most of the winter and we were without a sink & running water for weeks but it was definitely worth the wait & inconvenience!

1 comment: